Former New Jersey Gov. Jim McGreevey didn't do the honors, presenting a Top Ten list on Thursday's "Late Show With David Letterman." Staff member Gerard Mulligan came out to deliver the list.
And it's amusing, risque, out there ...
Letterman explained why Mulligan stepped in to deliver "Chapter Titles in Jim McGreevey's Book."
"We had invited the governor to be here, he said he would be here, we were all very excited that he was going to be here and then he stopped calling," Letterman said. "They just stopped calling. They left us numbers that were unplugged, we couldn't get a hold of him. He said, 'Oh no, we're coming, don't worry, we're coming,' and that's the last we heard of him…I hope he's OK."
McGreevey, who is gay, may not be after he sees this list ... Or maybe he'll guffaw. That was our reaction.
The list to "Chapter Titles in Jim McGreevey's Book" ...
10. "The Day I Got Caught Governing Myself"
9. "How to Pretend to Like Girls for 47 Years"
8. "From Schwarzenegger to Pataki: Governors I'd Like to Oil Up"
7. "Another Confession -- I Can't Resist Entenmann's Pound Cake"
6. "At First I Just Thought I Was Bipartisan"
5. "The New Jersey Budget Crisis -- What Would Judy Garland Do?"
4. "A Look at the Governor's Balls"
3. "Politicians Who Left a Bad Taste in My Mouth"
2. "How to Push Through a Bill – Or a Steve or a Larry…"
1. "Why I Don't Like Bush"