Friday, May 12, 2006

Enough is enough...

Senator Pryor,
I have read your press release from 5/11/06 regarding your position on extending tax cuts and have carefully considered your position.
My family and I have supported you in the past, although your record reflects your voting with the fiscally irresponsible majority most of the time.
With the passage of the tax relief package, your argument that middle and lower income Americans will be encouraged to invest and save is flawed. In my opinion, you have at the very least, lost touch with ordinary Arkansans. Granted, gasoline prices have increased, and that is a consideration, but not the end of the world. It is certainly not why most Americans can't save or invest enough to secure their family's future. I hope your ecomonic adviser understands that our dependence on oil could be reduced with higher prices at the pump and encouraging higher fuel standards, among other things.
My position has always been left of center, and I understand that you are right of center, like most Arkansans. But this is inexcusable. With the deficit spiraling out of control, no plan to withdraw our brave people in uniform from Iraq, the confirmation of two extremely conservative justices to the Supreme Court, warrantless wiretapping and stepping on my civil liberties all occuring under your watch and mostly with your consent, I regret to inform you I will be looking forward to the Democratic Primaries in 2008 with great interest in any other qualified candidate, and will work tirelessly to see that person elected.

Your constituent,

The Kid...

No comments: